Sunday, June 28, 2009

Week 9 - Day 58, June 27, 2009, "Pratt Falls"

This morning we took our son the Morrisville for Boy's State. On the way home we decided to stop at Pratt Falls. I was surprised at what a beautiful park this is. It's small, and the trails are not very long, so it's an excellent place for a quick hike, and glorious views. There are several ponds with willow trees that are also fun to walk around. Pratt Falls used to be a mill. At first it was a saw mill, then later it was converted to a flower mill. It's located off of route 20 in NY, just east of Cazanovia in the smaller town of Pompey. The speed limit of the park is also very humorous. It's 17 MPH. I also took a photo of that, and added it to my humours signs collection.

I only had one lens with me, and I didn't bring my tripod. I wasn't able to fit the complete falls into my frame of my 50 mm lens. I set the camera on the fence for a make shift tripod. I think it turned out fairly well.

Lessons Learned:
  • I need to remember to bring all my camera equipment whenever possible.
  • I'm starting to work with some themes. This photo was added to my waterfall collection. The speed limit side was the first of my humourous sign collection. I think there is some potential in various themes.
Photo details: Exposure time 1/10, Aperture f/22.0, ISO 100, Focal Length 50 mm, 35 mm equivalent focal length 81mm, Lens Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II, set on fence.

No comments: