Friday, June 12, 2009

Week 7 - Day 43, June 12, 2009, "Chipmunk"


I had some extra time after work today to wonder around Cornell and take some photographs. The sun was harsh, so photography was difficult. I came upon a shady area with some sun peeking through, and this guy was posing for me. I couldn't resist.

Lessons Learn (but not yet utilized)
  • The fog was really cool this morning. I didn't have time to experiment, but will in the future. I noticed that as I drove, and walked to work object would start as faint shadows. As I approached them the became darking shadows and more distinct. I think a lot can be done by taking photographs from different distances in the fog, which will produce different effects. I look forward to trying it.
Photo details: Exposure time 1/400, Aperture f/2.8, ISO 100, Focal Length 200 mm, 35 mm equivalent focal length 323mm, Lens Canon 70-200mm f2.8L USM, hand held.