Sunday, January 3, 2010

Week 36, Day 255, January 3, 2010, Dusty Old Bottle


This is photo number three in the cellar series. 

This is an old bottle that was in the cellar when we moved to this house.  It can probably hold about a gallon of liquid.  I'm not sure what it was used to store.  I've left the dust on the bottle, because I think it adds some interest for the photo.  I also think that stone wall in the background makes an interesting backdrop for the photo.

Lessons Learned:
  • There are a lot of objects in the cellar to photograph, and it comes in handy on very cold days like today. I think it will also come in handy this week when I return to work, and don't have a lot of daylight to take photos. (It was a high of about 10 degrees F today.)
Photo details: Exposure time 1/4 sec, Aperture f/1.8, ISO 100, Focal Length 50 mm, 35 mm equivalent focal length 82mm, Lens Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II, tripod.

8 comments:

Gary's third pottery blog said...

nice atmospheric pic!

Yolanda said...

Great textures - dust, webs... against the stone wall. Loving the cellar series!

Andrew said...

Like it a lot! I think it would look great if you tried some kind of old-timey post-processing on it. You know, scratches, yellowed film, the works :)

James said...

Very nice picture Steve. I've been looking forward to see what interesting things were down there. I wish that I had something interesting to photograph while it's too cold outside.
The dust is a plus!

Nicki said...

Nice, Steve. It is just about filter change time so I may have to take the camera into the cellar with me.

Samantha White said...

I love the cellar series also. Can't wait to see more you these photographs

Gry said...

The bottle and the background it great together!

AB said...

Great colour tones in this photo and good use of depth of field.