Friday, January 8, 2010

Week 37, Day 259, January 8, 2010, Exertion


After several years of using my Canon Digital Rebel XT, it is time for a new camera.  I received it in the mail today.  I purchased a Canon Rebel T1i.  Now I have to get used to all the new buttons, and new features.

After about 5 minutes of reading the owners manual, I took it with me to tonight's basketball game.  I immediatly noticed some great improvements.  So instead of lessons learned, I'll just mention the new features that I like:

New Features (Lessons Learned):
  • ISO 3200.  Wow, I can get faster shutter speeds, and I'm amazed that the noise level isn't that much more.
  • Much faster focusing.  With my old camera many of the photos were blurry because of the slowness of the focus, and then the slowness of the shutter speed.  I found that I could zoom in closer to the action because the camera would respond more quickly.
  • I like the larger LCD display.  It's much easier to QC the photos on the larger LCD display.
As I said, I've only read the manual for about 5 minutes.  I have a lot of features to learn about.  I look forward to the challenge.

Photo details: Exposure time 1/250 sec, Aperture f/2.8, ISO 3200, Focal Length 73 mm, Lens Canon 70-200mm f2.8L USM, hand held.

2 comments:

Andrew said...

That's a great shot! The expressions are priceless. And congrats on the new body!

Yolanda said...

Love your basketball action sports shots! This is another great one!

How are you liking your T1i? That's what I have, and I just love mine.