Saturday, January 16, 2010

Week 38, Day 267, "The Man Behind The Color Tree"


Today Werner Sun had an Opening at the Corners Gallery in Ithaca.  I really like Werner's incredible mobiles.  Each is unique, and has very interesting shapes and colors.  Many of them represent some sort of theme, but it's also up to the observer to see what they mean to them.  And as a mobile they continue to shift and change.  They create new shadow, and new shapes as they align with other shapes.  They are a lot of fun to watch and enjoy.  In his blog The Color Tree he photographs and discusses some of his work.  I don't think the photos do his work justest. 

If you're in Ithaca, please stop by and take a look.

Lessons Learned:
  • I would have loved to have spent a lot more time photographing Werner and his work from various angles, but he was in the middle of his opening.  I didn't want to disrupt the Opening to much.  He was a great sport, and allowed me to take many photos, and I thank you Werner.  Maybe some other time when there isn't an opening I'll have another opportunity to try and capture Werner and his work in a more creative way.
Photo details: Exposure time 1/60 sec, Aperture f/5.0, ISO 400, Focal Length 17 mm, Lens Canon EF 17-40mm, hand held.

3 comments:

Werner Sun said...

Thanks for coming to the opening, Steve, and especially thanks for the photos! You weren't interrupting at all! I'd love to be part of another photo shoot. Maybe sometime at the gallery before the show closes at the end of February?

BSOB said...

the shadows from the mobiles are interesting too

Gallow said...

Werner,

Yes, I would like to head over there for another photo shoot. I've got some other ideas to try take a better photo.

Steve