Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Week 38, Day 269, January 20, 2010, Dinosaur BBQ Restaurant


Judy and I headed to Syracuse NY to pick up our niece at the Airport.  She was flying from Charleston, SC back from her break to return to Syracuse University.  After we dropped her off, we headed over to the original Dinosaur BBQ Restaurant.  This colorful Restaurant has graffiti everywhere, and it's encouraged.  The food is fantastic.

Photography in a place like this is difficult.  I held the camera at my chest, and just took a few photos.  My 50mm lens wasn't the right one to have because of the tight quarters, but I did my best. 

Lessons Learned:
  • My 17mm lens is much better in tight quarters.
  • Sugar Packets can be used as a tripod on a table to repositions the camera angles.
  • Napkins can be used to cover up the flashing light that indicates the camera is getting ready to take a photo. (Especially when you're trying to be discrete.)
Photo details: Exposure time 1/25 sec, Aperture f/1.8, ISO 1600, Focal Length 50 mm, 35 mm equivalent focal length 82mm, Lens Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II, handheld.

4 comments:

Yolanda said...

So much going on in this shot - in b/w, it is sort of nostalgic. I love the array of expressions on the diners' faces. Some look serious, some are laughing - each an individual story in itself. The reflections and the repetitive overhead lights - this is truly an amazing capture! Love it!

Nicki said...

Really captures the essence of the Dinosaur!

Gary's third pottery blog said...

I LOVE DINO!

Theresa Addington said...

I also love the feel of nostalgia in this photo, makes you want to sit down and share a meal in good company. Love the lighting~ Love the photo!