Sunday, January 24, 2010

Week 38, Day 272, January 24, 2009, "Let the Games Begin"

It was a rainy relaxing day at home.  After the past two days of taking a lot of photographs, I took it easy today.

If I had more energy, I'd get a new soccer ball and clean all the dust off the playing field.  I'm not sure which photo I'd like better.  The dust, and the wear on the ball also give it an interesting look.  I may still come back some day, and see how they compare.

Lessons Learned:
  • It took me a while to think of a subject today.  It was a lazy, rainy day.  For me, creativity has a lot to do with how I feel.
  • This was another case where the live view in the LCD panel on the back of the camera came in handy.  I wouldn't be able to look through the view finder because the camera was sitting on the playing field.
  Photo details: Exposure time 30 sec, Aperture f/18.0, ISO 100, Focal Length 50 mm, 35 mm equivalent focal length 82mm, Lens Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II, I used the lens cap to tilt the camera a little.

8 comments:

Andrew said...

That's an awesome shot! I like how the soccer ball looks—if I didn't know better I would say it was all muddy and covered in grass stains. There's not quite enough dust to look like turf though ;)

toledonative said...

I like the "broken-in" look, too! If it was all shiny and clean, it might make a good advertisement for Foosball (or whatever company makes it), but it would not be nearly as interesting of a shot!

And I hear ya about mood influencing creativity. Luckily for me the rain let up just long enough to get outside for about 30 minutes!

James said...

Very cool shot Steve. I like the reflection.

Yolanda said...

Love the reflections and the DoF in this shot! Makes me feel like a miniature and puts me right in the game!

Gary's third pottery blog said...

AWESOME photo and reminds me of all the various Gallows who have kicked my azz in foosball in recent months....

Gallow said...

Andrew, you're right about the dust not looking like turf.

toledonative, thank you.

James, I did think of your blog for the reflection.

Yolanda, yes it does. It's a cool perspective.

Gary, you can see by the wear on this ball that we had a lot of practice before we played you. So much practice that two of the men are now broken, and need replacing.

AB said...

Great idea!

Werner Sun said...

I love it! There's a sense of anticipation that you wouldn't get with a clean ball.