Monday, January 25, 2010

Week 39, Day 275, January 25, 2010, Amaryllis


It's winter, I've been taking a lot of sports photos, and the weather has been wet and rainy the past two days.

I need some color.

Every year my wife plants Amaryllis bulbs.  This gives us some color about this time of year when we really need it.  Thank you Judy!

This photo was taken on the kitchen table with a candle light.  I used the gorilla grip and a chair for the tripod.

Lessons Learned:
  • I purchased a toy with my new camera.  It's called the Eye-Fi.  I'm still playing with it, and see some definite advantages, and some disadvantages for the type of photography that I do.  The Eye-Fi card is a SD card that has a wireless connection.  I've connected in conjunction with my desktop computer, and my Picassa Web Albums.  Any time I'm near the computer with my camera on, the Eye-Fi software on my desktop sees if there are new images on my card, and copies them to the computer through the wireless connection.  After copying to the computer, I have the software autoconfigured to copy the contents to a private folder on my Picassa Web Albums.  Once I had it all set up, I really like the automation.  It even works if someone else is using the computer.  The disadvantage is the speed.  The wired connection to transfer the files is quicker.  I think that I might give this to my wife for her camera.  She doesn't take as many photos as I do, and I think it will work well for her.
 Photo details: Exposure time 10 sec, Aperture f/5.0, ISO 100, Focal Length 32 mm, Lens Canon EF 17-40mm, gorilla grip tripod, Auto White Balance.

6 comments:

toledonative said...

LOL - I guess great minds think alike! I uploaded my shot today only to look over to my sidebar and do a double-take!

I like the softer lighting in your shot - all I had to work with was overhead office florescent lighting!

Andrew said...

Amaryllis flowers are lots of fun to photograph during the winter.

Theresa Addington said...

beautiful colors, I'm going to have to plants some of those for myself.

Nicki said...

Beautiful!! Thank Judy for me, too, as this is a welcome sight.

Gry said...

That`s right, we need some colour now. It is a beautiful light in your photo too.

Yolanda said...

The candle light gives this image such a soft glow and casts some very interesting and dream-like shadows. Very lovely!