Friday, January 15, 2010

Week 38, Day 266, Abstract Basketball


Ok, I have to admit.  This photo wasn't planned.  I had been taking photos all night at the basketball game with my camera set in manual mode.  Somehow I accidentally switched it to A-Depth mode.

I think after looking thousands of actions shots, when a blurred shot comes along it captures my imagination.  It seems a little abstract to me, especially with the colors in the audience. I like the effect.  Granted, I'm not going to shoot all of my basketball shots like this, but it was nice for a little change.

Lessons Learned:
  • Sometimes there are happy accidents.
 Photo details: Exposure time 1/14 sec, Aperture f/8.0, ISO 3200, Focal Length 73 mm, Lens Canon 70-200mm f2.8L USM, hand held.

6 comments:

Nicki said...

I love this one, Steve!

Rune Eide said...

The action came though very nice.

Yolanda said...

I love the movement that you captured here! Great shot! Sometimes you don't have to freeze the action - it's fun to get these motion shots!

The Gilje Crew said...

I can see why this one caught your eye! I love the movement captured in the shot. Nice work... or should I say, Nice Accident!

BSOB said...

my favorite kind of photos i take are the accidental ones. usually use a holga which is good for that sort of thing. i like this one steve, very colorful

AB said...

Nice action shot