Monday, April 5, 2010

Week 49, Day 340, April 4, 2010, Goat Island Lighthouse

A trip to Maine wouldn't be complete without at least one photo of a lighthouse.  The Goat Island Lighthouse is still in used to guide boats. 

It's been great weather, and very warm for this time of year.

Lessons Learned:
  • A Telephoto lens is a must at a beach settings.  The distances are deceptive, and things are much further away then they seem.
Photo details: Exposure time 1/200 sec, Aperture f/8.0, ISO 100, Focal Length 200 mm, Lens Canon 70-200mm f2.8L USM, handheld. 

3 comments:

James said...

What a nice scene. I love lighthouses but I don't think I've ever taken a picture of one.

Yolanda said...

I can practically taste the lobstah! This composition is very postcard-like, it screams New England! So pretty!

ruma said...

Views of the Nature are really Great.
My hands seem to reach there.

Your photography is very splendid.


I thank for your always admiring my calligraphy.
I am glad that I was able to meet a good understanding person you.

From the Far East.
Best regards.
ruma