Thursday, April 22, 2010

Week 51, Day 358, April 22, 2010, Red Bud Branch

The Red Bud Trees are in bloom around Cornell University.  They add a lot of color and beauty in the spring.

Lessons Learned:
  • I think that for the first time this evening I realized how a narrow depth of field can add a very 3 dimensional dimension to a photo.  I like how it worked on this photo.
  • I also took some photos of a friend today.  I think I'm actually getting better at posing people for interesting photographs.  I think I'll try this more often, and hopefully increase my skills.
Photo details: Exposure time 1/1600 sec, Aperture f/1.8, ISO 100, Focal Length 50 mm, 35 mm equivalent focal length 82mm, Lens Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II, handheld.

5 comments:

toledonative said...

Lovely shot! I love playing with short DOFs - yours looks almost surreal!

Andrew said...

It's like the branch is reaching out to grab you! You should try some stereos... I wonder how DoF affects those.

Andrey Dorokhov said...

Again, great job with light!

Judy said...

Our redbuds were out last week and are almost gone. The DoF is wonderful here. I love bokeh. I've done a few spring flowers the same way.

webruci said...

Hi Steve:)
This photo is fantastic! The narrow depth of field works perfectly!!! I always liked your pictures with people, I think you have a gift to do. Is very difficult to shot good people photos!

Have a nice weekend, and sorry if I not here every time to comment.
Sometimes I even to sleep, have only 3-4 hours:)