Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Week 51, Day 357, April 21, 2010, Dramatic Lighting

It was a cloudy afternoon, but the clouds began to break.  I noticed the Sun shining on a buttress roof on the Law School directly across from my office.  I grabbed my camera, switched it to black and white and took a few shots.

Lessons Learned:
  • Once again, lighting is so important.
  • I think to get great natural shots you need to be around them frequently.  Different times of the day, different weather conditions, different times of the year, all have effects.  Being near them allows you to spot the best times to take photos.
Photo details: Exposure time 1/200 sec, Aperture f/8.0, ISO 100, Focal Length 50 mm, 35 mm equivalent focal length 82mm, Lens Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II, handheld.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is very nice. The black and white treatment works very well here.

Andrew said...

The shiny lighting provides some sweet contrast.

Mike Simmons said...

Excellent shot, Steve! Fantastic lighting and subjects! I really like this!

Yolanda said...

The lighting certainly does give the scene a "feeling". Very nice!

Gary's third pottery blog said...

SPOOKY Stevo!!!!

Judy said...

This looks like moonlight and gives a very eerie feel to the image. Very nice.

Werner Sun said...

Wow, looks almost unreal!

Andrey Dorokhov said...

Oh my! Light here so good! Fascinating shot!