Monday, April 12, 2010

Week 50, Day 348, April 12, 2010, Corn Husk

I'm not sure why, but I find myself drawn to photographing corn.  I was walking through a corn field tonight and found the husk left from last years crop very interesting.  I think I have a collection of corn at it's various states from the past year.  It might be interesting to put them in a collection.

Lessons Learned:
  • I forgot one lesson from yesterday. Taking 5500 photos tires the index finger.  I had to switch to using my middle finger to push the shutter button during the end of the race.  I didn't have enough strength left in my index finger.  I didn't mention it to the runners, because I don't think they would show me any sympathy. :-)
  • Trees are blossoming all around, but I don't feel drawn to photograph them.  I enjoy their beauty, but somehow they seem to obvious a choice for photography.  I've taken several photos, but I just don't seem to like them very well.  It could be that I just haven't captured them in an interesting or new way.  What are your thoughts?
Photo details: Exposure time 1/80 sec, Aperture f/4.0, ISO 100, Focal Length 40 mm, Lens Canon EF 17-40mm, handheld, circular polarizer filter.  

2 comments:

toledonative said...

I'd like to see a series of your corn pictures. I don't think it's corny at all. Nope. Not me! (Seriously, I think it's a great idea!)

I agree with you about the flowering trees. All of a sudden there's color everywhere, yet I'm not photographing it. Maybe you're right - it's an obvious choice. For me, I think it may also be that I can't get quite the right angle/lighting/shot/etc...

Maybe I'll surprise myself and take a picture of some tomorrow.

Andrew said...

Man, you're right. Trees are just hard to photograph. Maybe they weren't meant for it. There are exceptions, of course, but it's hard to just see a tree I like, and take a good photo of it.