Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Week 51, Day 355, April 19, 2010, Birds of a Different Feather

On the way home from work, I stopped by the Lab of Ornithology at Cornell University for a few minutes.  If you are ever in the area, and like birds, this is the place to go.  There are a lot of wetlands, and great walking trails.

On the way back to my car I noticed a Mallard Duck, and a Canadian Goose settling down.

Lessons Learned:
  • Birds in areas where there are a lot of people are not as skittish.  It's much easier to take photographs of them.  (It feels like cheating.)
  • The other day, I forgot to mention another lesson.  During the Skunk Cabbage Classic Race I used 2 cameras.  One had a wide angle lens, and the other had a telephoto.  I forgot to sync the dates and times on the two camera.  One was off by an hour due to Daylight Savings Time.  When I sort the photos by Creation Date, they are not in order. Note to self, sync my camera date and time.
Photo details: Exposure time 1/60 sec, Aperture f/4.0, ISO 100, Focal Length 40 mm, Lens Canon EF 17-40mm, handheld. 

1 comment:

Pam Lane said...

lol -- I learned that same lesson last summer when I shot my one-and-only wedding, for my niece. Nearly 6,000 pictures (a friend helped me out) from four cameras, and not a single camera synced.