Saturday, April 10, 2010

Week 50, Day 345, April 9, 2010, Pitcher Pump

Some of you know that we live in a house that was built in the mid 1800's.  We also have an old hand dug well.  We have an old pitcher pump that we sometimes use to pump water for the garden from this well.  It's interesting how simple the pump is, and how efficient it works.

This is one of those photos that I want to redo.  I think the subject is interesting, but I haven't captured it's essence yet.

Lessons Learned:
  • Interesting subjects still need a lot of thought to achieve a great photo.
  • I think I should have taken the circular polarizer filter off, to see the sparkle in the water.
Photo details: Exposure time 1/3 sec, Aperture f/4.0, ISO 100, Focal Length 36 mm, Lens Canon EF 17-40mm, tripod, circular polarizer filter.  

2 comments:

Andrew said...

The background looks simple enough that maybe in the re-do you should leave it in color. It's hard to get water to look right and in focus in monochrome without Lightroom's B&W tools. At least in my experience.

Sandra said...

It is a very interesting subject - it will be interesting to see different angles of it.