Monday, April 26, 2010

Week 52, Day 362, April 26, 2010, Another Rainy Day

April showers bring May flowers. What do May flowers bring?  (Anybody?)

Today was another all day drizzle.  The rain drops made great interfering waves in the puddle.  I thought the photo looked somewhat abstract.  I'm not sure if I like it yet.

Lessons Learned:
  • Some photos I fall in love with right away, and then they loose their charm.  Others grow on my over time.  I have to wait on a lot of my photos before I know if they are any good or not.
Photo details: Exposure time 1/500 sec, Aperture f/6.4, ISO 800, Focal Length 40 mm, Lens Canon EF 17-40mm, hand held. 

6 comments:

Yolanda said...

...allergies??.... :) (answer for May flowers)

I always like the way rain drops create the patterns in the water - all the same shape, but different sizes and depths, random overlapping, etc. It gives the photo a movement and a texture. The sun came out here today, so I imagine blue skies are coming your way!

toledonative said...

Pilgrims! (Duh! As my students say to that joke every year.)

I like this one! Very interesting patterns going on.

Breanna said...

I'm going to agree with Yolanda on the allergies! Great patterns, at first glance I thought it was the side of a wall.

Andrew said...

It's cool. I like the abstract-ness. Why f/6.4 though? You were shooting pretty much perpendicular to the surface, so shouldn't you have been able to use a wider aperture? I'm confused.

Kari said...

May flowers bring June weeds.

Interesting shot, it looks almost like an abstract painting.

Gallow said...

Pilgrims was the answer I was looking for. Way to go toledonative!