Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Week 49, Day 342, April 6, 2010, Old Mills

I walked along the streets of Biddeford, Maine this morning.  As I walked along the river I came to the old mills.  The brick buildings are huge, and some have been renovated into shops.  The windows on this section were very interesting, and a pigeon seemed to be nested in one of the holes in the wall.

Lessons Learned:
  • Once again, a walk revealed many interesting things to photograph.  I think this is especially true in areas that I have never been.
Photo details: Exposure time 1/60 sec, Aperture f/8.0, ISO 200, Focal Length 24 mm, Lens Canon EF 17-40mm, handheld.  

7 comments:

toledonative said...

I like the perspective on this shot. And I didn't notice the pigeon at first - thanks for pointing it out!

Mike Simmons said...

Yeah, the perspective is really nice! The pigeon is a real bonus. It's subtleness and position is perfect! Very nice shot Steve!

Rune Eide said...

I liked that - a presumably well-known wall from a new angle.

Thank you for the common. The photo was of course shot in a wild-life park.

Yolanda said...

Cool perspective! I love the repeating pattern of the windows; and of course the curious pigeon!

carmilevy said...

How poetic that a pigeon can find refuge in this relic of a pre-industrial past. I love how old mill buildings feel...there's one alongside the regional highway about 20 miles out of town. I think I may have a trip there in my near future. Thanks for the inspiration!

Andrey Dorokhov said...

Very interesting angle!

Judy said...

I like the perspective. And the pigeon is a really nice addition. I love old buildings but sometimes find it hard to get a unique view.