Sunday, October 4, 2009

Week 23, Day 164, October 4, 2009, "In His Element"


I had the chance to get a sneak peak at one of the participants in the Fingerlakes Art Trail today.  Gary Rith, a famous potter with a large web presence,  was working getting ready for the event.  It takes place for the next 2 weekends. 

In addition to teaching at Cornell University's Pot Shop, Gary has a really cool studio in his home.  He's a great host, a lot of fun to watch, and his work is incredible.

If you're in town, I highly recommend that you put this stop on your calendar for one of the next two weekends.

Hey Gary, does this make me the "Backup Photographer for Gary Rith Pottery"?  (Gary does most of his own photography.) If so, I can add it to my portfolio.

Lessons Learned:
  • It's a lot of fun exchanging ideas with other artists.  There are many similarities in the creative process through all the arts.  Thank you for the lessons on pottery, the opportunity to take more photographs,  the wonderful conversation, and the really neat pink flamingo pottery.
Photo details: Exposure time 1/125 sec, Aperture f/4.0, ISO 800, Focal Length 17 mm, 35 mm equivalent focal length 28mm, Lens Canon EF 17-40mm, handheld.

4 comments:

Kari said...

Pink Flamingos!?! Sweet!

Gary's third pottery blog said...

STEVO! And here I am doing a post about you....THANKS.

webruci said...

Hello Steve
Nice post and great photo. Good for you, the unic artist what I take photo is my twin girls painting the wall in the bedroom:-))
Sorry my late comment, I working in weekends.
Have a nice week.

Anonymous said...

I love this photo! Makes me want to hit the Art Trail but not sure about the next two weekends.