Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Week 24, Day 174, October 14, 2009, Happy Birthday Snee Hall, Cornell University


Today was the celebration of 25 years in Snee Hall for the Department of Geological Sciences/ Department of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences at Cornell University.  William and Kathrine Snee generously donated the money to build this incredible building.  Many of the Professor Emeritus spoke of fond memories of our first move into the building.

I like this photo because it isn't often that I get to stand behind a speaker, capture his face and his facial expressions, and also catch a glimpse of the crowd in the distance.

Lessons Learned:
  • I took several photos of the different speakers, but I zoomed in very close on the face of this speaker.  I think it was the best photograph.  I need to remember to take shots where the face is very close to the camera.  I seem to forget that very often.
Photo details: Exposure time 1/100 sec, Aperture f/4, ISO 1600 (no flash), Focal Length 29 mm, 35 mm equivalent focal length 47mm, Lens Canon EF 17-40mm, hand held.

4 comments:

Gary's third pottery blog said...

I voted Adam and Eve. Your son's smirk is pretty funny.....

Gallow said...

You could start a campaign to vote for the photo of you.

Jen Yu said...

I think this is my new favorite, because I love Dr. Bloom :) Awesome capture.

webruci said...

Great capture! Is not easy to take pictures to faces, but you did! I love it.