Saturday, October 10, 2009

Week 24, Day 170, October 10, 2009, Sunny Fall Colors


The sun returned, and it did a great job reflecting the colors of our surrounding hill sides.  We must be near peak colors for most of the trees.

This shot was taken during my sons football game in Newfield.  Newfield is surrounded by amazing hills of color in the fall.  It was spectacular.

I hope your day was good as well.

Tomorrow, "The Art Trail".

Lessons Learned:
  • Circular Polarizer filters really do work, and the colors of these photos where so much better than without the filter.
Photo details: Exposure time 1/320, Aperture f/5.0, ISO 200, Focal Length 200 mm, 35 mm equivalent focal length 468mm, Lens Canon 70-200mm f2.8L USM, handheld.

7 comments:

Jen Yu said...

Beautiful! I love this more than any of your others - it's my new fav! The only thing I might change is a higher f-stop. Typically when I shoot any landscapes I go with f8 minimum and deeper if possible b/c those details will be important when you go to print. Other than that, this is *perfect*

Anonymous said...

Maybe I will see you on Art Trail, Steve. I am starting in Groton and then stopping to visit friends for a bit before heading towards Ithaca.

Love this shot!! Our hills here in Endicott are actually starting to look bare.

Rune Eide said...

You have shot the ultimate autumn-coloured forest!

webruci said...

hi Steve!
I don't want to lose any post of you:-)
I'm late, you know I working in weekend nights and I need more rests.

Your image is outstanding! What a beautiful colors...!
:-)
well done!

AnSa said...

..Hi..beautiful picture! wonderful colors .. fantastic trees and beautiful birds..:)

Gary's third pottery blog said...

GORGEOUS STEVO! We were walking early today and realized thaT yesteday MUST be peak, because suddenly a lot of trees are bare!
ART TRAIL eh?????????????

The Gilje Crew said...

Pretty! We don't get the color like that around here - though lately it's all WHITE! Lots of snow and cold brrr (17 degrees). Great capture!

This was the first wedding I've actually been THE photographer on. I was super nervous. Any other weddings I've done are just because I had my camera there and tried to grab a few pics. I'm pretty happy with them, all things considered (new, basic equip., amateur...)