Friday, October 23, 2009

Week 26, Day 183, October 23, 2009, A Great Night in Football


It was a great night of football tonight.  My son's team won the division.  Congratulations guys. You did great!!

Although it was a great night for football, the rain made it difficult to shoot.  When the rain came down hard, I just hid the camera under my two rain coats.  The lights at the opposing teams field were fantastic.  They are much brighter than many other outdoor fields.  This helped a lot in getting tonight's photos.

Lessons Learned:

  • I've seen a couple of techniques for keeping the camera dry during a rain storm.  I've seen hot dog roll bags, professional covers, and tonight I saw bubble wrap with rubber bands.  I get very nervous about having my camera out in the rain.
Photo details: Exposure time 1/160 sec, Aperture f/3.2, ISO 1600, Focal Length 110 mm, 35 mm equivalent focal length 309mm, Lens Canon 70-200mm f2.8L USM, handheld, I used the tungsten white balance setting.

3 comments:

AB said...

A real American action shot. Nicely captured.

Gary's third pottery blog said...

Stevo, I OD'd on popcorn actually...

Kari said...

woohoo!