Sunday, October 25, 2009

Week 26, Day 185, October 25, 2009, Posted


The Sun was out, the skies were blue, and most of the leaves have fallen.  It was a very beautiful day.

There is a lot of hunting in this area of the country.  Deer season for bow has started, and shotgun is around the corner.  It's an important time to remember to be careful if you are a photographer in the woods.

I stayed near the road today, but was able to get some great shots of the fallen leaves.  I hope you enjoy.

Lessons Learned:

  •  Leaves on the ground can be as beautiful as they are in the trees.
Photo details: Exposure time 1/13 sec, Aperture f/22, ISO 100, Focal Length 17 mm, 35 mm equivalent focal length 35mm, Lens Canon EF 17-40mm, tripod, circular polarizer filter.

As far as yesterday's mystery, Kari was right.  I moved my niece to another table in the background.  I thought the photo would be interesting to people who know the family.  They would see my Sister, Aunt, and Uncle immediately.  Later upon further looking they would probably see my niece in the background.  

I do like all the things that others had to offer.  Some of them I saw, but many others I didn't.  Thank you for all of  your input.  Well done blogging community.  You do great work!!

Weekly winner in online viewer poll.

5 comments:

Kcalpesh said...

Sure, on the ground too they look so beautiful! I wonder where the shadow of that iron gate-like thing is falling, since the sun would be down somewhere in the horizon....

- Pixellicious Photos

James said...

So beautiful and thanks for the warning. I think I'm living near hunting grounds for the first time in my life.

Anonymous said...

It was also a nice day here yesterday and today is even nicer. It looks like your picture was taken on a day like we had. Nice photo.

AB said...

This captures the café atmosphere well.

ruma said...

I have admired an elegant autumn color.
Thank you.
ruma