Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Week 25, Day 179, October 20, 2009, Gorges


A few years ago my family traveled to Rome Italy.  We stayed on the edge of Rome, and had to travel by bus to the center of the city.  Many days people were sleeping on the bus.  I wanted to wake them up, and ask how they could sleep with such incredibly interesting places to see all around them.

Just about every day that I work, I walk over this gorge.  Before I started taking so many photos I didn't pay as much attention to my surroundings.  Now, I think I pay a little more attention.  I'm glad that I do, but I wonder what other cool things do I miss.

Lessons Learned:
  • If the sun isn't shining,  It's pretty dark when I get home for work.  This will limit the fall color photos.  I have to take more photos during lunch time.  
Photo details: Exposure time 1/3 sec, Aperture f/22, ISO 100, Focal Length 33 mm, 35 mm equivalent focal length 53mm, Lens Canon EF 17-40mm, tripod.

My impressions of yesterdays photo:

I found myself wavering between not liking it, and liking it.  It some ways, I thought it had a Thomas Kinkade type of look.  I'm really not very interested in that type of art.  In other ways it does have a surreal look that AB mentioned.  I kind of like the surreal aspect of it.  I'll probably continue to try some more experiments like this to see if I can improve my abilities.  I really like Lynne Daley's photo that she did, so I think the technique has a lot of potential.  If you haven't looked at her work yet, please do.  I think you might enjoy it.

6 comments:

webruci said...

Amazingly beautiful photo. I love how you framed, it is in perfect harmony!
with me is the same, before I don't see the surroundings, today I try to search:-)
Good job, well done!

Robert.

Gary's third pottery blog said...

a shot for next year's calendar!

Kcalpesh said...

Nice lesson, nice picture and thanks for sharing your experience. This is a very informative and helpful post!

Pixellicious Photos

webruci said...

I take the picture with flash:-)

Anonymous said...

Life is; and here; there; everywhere.

James said...

That is such a beautiful place and you photographed it very well.

For the first time in my life I'm living in a place that has this kind of beauty. That coupled with my new photography hobby I notice more now than ever before.