Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Week 23, Day 167, October 7, 2009, Windy Fall Day, Weekly winner in online viewer poll


There was a wind advisory warning in the Tompkins County area until 8:00 PM.  Predictions of gusts up to 50 miles an hour.

On the run at lunch time, we had an excellent tail wind on the way out, and a head wind on the way back.  Fortunately we were protected by trees on the way back which helped reduce the head wind.  Unfortunately large branches were falling, and we had to be careful.  A good time was had by all.

I grabbed my camera after work, and attempted to capture the wind in a photograph.  This can be more difficult than you would imagine.  This was the best example that I had for today.

 I was looking for a black and white photo, but I left the color.  I liked the single color of red coming from the trees. I hope you enjoy.

Lessons Learned:
  • Willows show the wind well, but the sky behind the willows wasn't as spectacular.
Photo details: Exposure time 1/800 sec, Aperture f/4.0, ISO 100, Focal Length 17 mm, 35 mm equivalent focal length 40mm, Lens Canon EF 17-40mm, handheld.

Weekly winner in online viewer poll.

2 comments:

webruci said...

This is a great image!!!
I can feel the wind, is very dificult catch the wind. I read in Photographer magazine they duing, shoting the high grass whith slown shuter speed. I triede but not was good.

in your picture you can feel the force of the wind. I love it.

Anonymous said...

This is amazing!