Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Week 26, Day 187, October 27, 2009, Gorge Revisted with Zoom Lens


I had all my lenses with me today, so I revisited one of the sites that I had taken a photo about a week ago.   This time I used my zoom lens.  Because of this I was able to capture both the bridge with the local colors, as well as some of the trees on West Hill.

The leaves have changed color in the past week.

I like this photo better than my first one.  I think the beauty of the bridge is highlighted better, and the trees still have some great color.  I also think the sun was more cooperative, and highlighted some of the trees in the gorge.

Lessons Learned:
  • Don't be afraid to return to the same site at different times, with different equipment, and look for different lighting.
Photo details: Exposure time 1/125 sec, Aperture f/7.1, ISO 200, Focal Length 70 mm, 35 mm equivalent focal length 113mm, Lens Canon 70-200mm f2.8L USM, handheld.

Weekly winner in online viewer poll. Monthly winner in online viewer poll

6 comments:

AB said...

Beautiful leaves, beautiful bridge.

Rune Eide said...

When I see this picture I would gladly return to it many times (and I do with several others)

Gary's third pottery blog said...

Looks perfect Stevo!
BTw, just used your pics and did a post!

webruci said...

You captured the whole landscape! it's amazingly beautiful. Lucky you, have lenses to change:)

I have a 28-300mm lens(the lens which comes with the camera), that is for macro and everithing else:))

I get close to the swan:)

Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Such a beautiful photo! I like it better than the first as well (though the first one was good too).

carmilevy said...

The detail of the arch adds such a strong visual focus to the composition. Totally agree with you: this one sings.