Saturday, October 24, 2009

Week 26, Day 184, October 24, 2009, "Closer Than You Think"


My sister is up from South Carolina to visit my niece at Syracuse University for Parents Weekend. My sister invited me along for a look at the school, and we had a lot of fun. .

While we were eating at a local restaurant, I was looking for reflections for the weekend meme exercise proposed by Newton Area Photo. The mirror was very obvious as an easy target, but I wanted to make it a little more interesting.

I'll let you know what the interesting item is tomorrow.  In the mean time, please take a guess at what makes the photo more interesting.

Lessons Learned:
  • Work to try and create a story with the photo.  I think this is especially important with photos of people.
Weekend Reflections is an idea by Newton Area Photo.
Join in the meme, and join the fun.

Photo details: Exposure time 1/100, Aperture f/4.5, ISO 800, Focal Length 50 mm, 35 mm equivalent focal length 81mm, Lens Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II, hand held.

13 comments:

Kilauea Poetry said...

Think it's a good idea too..this is a neat shot with the background through the window and mirror- Have a great weekend-

Kari said...

I know, I know! (Corinne is in the reflection!)

James said...

What makes this picture interesting to me is the woman in the center whom I assume is your sister is sitting in front of and behind the same window thanks to the reflection. I also appreciate the fact that you managed to stay out of the reflection.

Kat said...

This is a really interesting shot. I love all the textures, and there is a lot of reflection going on with all of the glass and mirrors. Nicely done. Kathy

Rune Eide said...

I see that the cat is already out of the bag, so I can only applaud :-)

Betty W said...

I love that it looks like 4 people are sitting at the table, when in fact it´s only three! :)

cieldequimper said...

Like a double reflection. Excellent!

Suburban Girl said...

Great shot.

Anonymous said...

Nice reflection.

webruci said...

I going to think:) I just arrive to the night job, I need some sleep. My brain is little bitt slowwww:))
Great picture, I like your portret and photos to people. You can create a special atmosfer.
Great work!
I'll be back:)

Malyss said...

I'd say the picture itself is already a reflection?..I like the mood of it anyway!

Anonymous said...

I like the way the table pick up the more subtle reflections.

Gary's third pottery blog said...

huge mirror, eh?