Thursday, October 8, 2009

Week 23, Day 168, October 8, 2009, Monolith


The gray overcast skies have been encouraging me to take photos of darkness. The light was reaching around this tower on Sibley Hall at Cornell University as I waited for the bus.  The sun was shining diffusely through the clouds.
I also find it interesting how the eye picks out the notch in the right side very easily.

Lessons Learned:
  • I needed more time to take photos tonight.  There was a group of students practicing a free form on dance in the Engineering quad.  A couple of the photos came out ok, but I wished I had spent more time photographing.  The dance to the drum beat looked like a lot of fun.
 Photo details: Exposure time 1/800, Aperture f/10.0, ISO 100, Focal Length 115 mm, 35 mm equivalent focal length 186mm, Lens Canon 70-200mm f2.8L USM, handheld.

2 comments:

webruci said...

This is a great image Steve. The more light in the right side is fantastic! It is misterios.
Well done.

AB said...

It looks very mystical. Nice photo.