Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Week 25, Day 180, October 21, 2009, Gorges II


A Professor in our department said that if you want spectacular photos, go to spectacular places.  Spectacular places do help, and Fall in Central New York is pretty spectacular.

In this photo I took a photo of the bridge that I stood on yesterday for yesterday's photo of the day.  I'm standing on a little foot bridge overlooking the gorge.

Lessons Learned:

  • Take advantage of the sun when you have it.  The clouds were moving in fast, so I took a lot of photos before I lost the sun.  I think the sun at this time of year adds to the colors of the fall leaves.
  • Be patient with other people.  Twice today when I was taking photos, people took out their cameras and came and started taking photos of what I was photographing.  I need to take this as a compliment instead of an annoyance.  (I've never had that happen before.  It was kind of cool.)
Photo details: Exposure time 1/50 sec, Aperture f/5.6, ISO 100, Focal Length 37 mm, 35 mm equivalent focal length 60mm, Lens Canon EF 17-40mm, handheld, circular polarizer filter.

2 comments:

James said...

I like this picture. It has a feel of discovery about it.

AB said...

The leaves in the foreground make for a nice framing.