Thursday, October 1, 2009

Week 22, Day 161, October 1, 2009, Fall Pub


Every day when I walk to the bus stop, I wander by this place. (But most days I do not enter.)  It's a great place to go.  The popcorn is fresh, the beer is awesome, and it's the hang out place for a local famous potter who has a large web presence.  Perhaps if you go there you might have a chance to meet him.

The fall colors of the trees around the building are spectacular, and my favorite brick road runs right in front of it.

I hope you enjoy the photo, as much as we enjoy this place.

Lessons Learned:
  • I don't normally walk down this road, but one of the other riders of the bus told me the colors were really nice from this angle.  The lesson is talk to people.  They may have great suggestions.
  • I should have used a higher iso because I didn't have my tripod with me.
 Photo details: Exposure time 1/15 sec, Aperture f/8.0, ISO 100, Focal Length 36 mm, 35 mm equivalent focal length 96mm, Lens Canon EF 17-40mm, handheld.

4 comments:

webruci said...

Hi
I thing the image is perfect, all your colors is stuning, angle is perfect to.
Beautiful image.
...and cold beer inside:-)

Gary's third pottery blog said...

I was there Monday with some of my disreputible friends and saw you wander by......:)

Anonymous said...

I was there last week. Had never been before. Had a great Oktoberfest.

Rune Eide said...

If his name is not Harry, I'm afraid I have not heard of him, but that is my fault.

PS At that distance you could probably get away with f/4 and 1/60, but noise and a higher ISO is usually not a problem these days.