Thursday, October 29, 2009

Week 26, Day 189, October 29, 2009, "Mustang Mike"


You may remember Mike from the famous photo Chopsticks.  Mike has a great Mustang convertible.  I think it's his midlife crises car.  He sold all his motorcycles from his youth (and not so youth) to purchase the car. Once a week we have lunch together.  I get to enjoy his midlife crises, and go for a ride to wherever we are going to eat that week.  We scream at the kids, "Get out of the road!".

I've had this photo in mind for a long time.  It's not very often that there is a parking space available in front of the Royal Palms Tavern in Collegetown, Ithaca.  I thought that the red of the car with the bright yellow of the building, and Mike standing in the background would make a great photo.  I thought this would be a good change in pace from the Fall photos that I have been taking lately.  If Mike ever takes up the guitar again, and records a MP3, he can use this for his album art.

I hope you enjoy.

Lessons Learned:
  • Sometimes I need to be patient for the photos.   This one I've been thinking about for a few months.
Photo details: Exposure time 1/60 sec, Aperture f/8.0, ISO 800, Focal Length 34 mm, 35 mm equivalent focal length 55mm, Lens Canon EF 17-40mm, hand held, circular polarizer filter, I changed the intensity of the colors.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice looking car and it looks good against the yellow.

Kcalpesh said...

A perfect picture for a perfect car advertisement! What say?

- Pixellicious Photos

Anonymous said...

That is beautiful!!

James said...

Cool picture. I can't help but think he's waiting for Sally. :) Mustang Sally that is.

Gallow said...

I think that Mustang Angelica would not like having Mustang Mike looking for Mustang Sally. :-)

The Gilje Crew said...

Love the colors and composition, nice work!!

soubriquet said...

Cool!
Looks like some photos I saw of old classic american cars in Havana, love the colours, and that sideways pose.
That's a real satisfied looking guy.