Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Week 24, Day 173, October 13, 2009, Evidence of Walking


A good friend of my is in town, so we were going to meet him at the place that serves great popcorn

I had some time before we would meet him, so I went to Monkey Run.  I didn't see any monkeys, but there were a lot of people walking their dogs, and a lot of leaves on the trail.  With the recent wind the leaves have been falling quickly.

Similar to my previous photo Evidence of Wind, I wanted to capture movement.  Today I present Evidence of Walking.  I hope that you like it.

Lesson Learned:
  • Many times I get an idea for a photo in my head.  They seldom turn out the way that I envision them.  I think that I'll continue to work on some of these visions, and see how close I can perfect them.  It should be fun to try. 
  • Once again, I didn't have all my camera equipment with me.  I wish I had my tripod, and my circular polarizer filter.
 Photo details: Exposure time .6 sec, Aperture f/22, ISO 200, Focal Length 17 mm (I wanted to preserve depth), 35 mm equivalent focal length 27mm, Lens Canon EF 17-40mm, the camera was sitting on a log for a tripod.

5 comments:

The Gilje Crew said...

Neat picture and love the theme you're working with. I totally hear you on envisioning a picture and it not coming out the way you were hoping. I do that a lot with baby pictures, I have a great idea in mind for a shot and when we are in action I realize that the shots often have to make themselves, not the other way around. I think that's one of the really fascinating things about photography.

webruci said...

I like how you take the picture, it's a good perspective. lovely, beautiful colors of fall.
:-)

Gary's third pottery blog said...

where is Monkey run, out by Ludgates and spca?

Anonymous said...

A walk in the woods has got to be the best kind of walk there is. This looks so peaceful.

Gallow said...

It is a beautiful place to walk, with great views. On the way back, "I took a route less traveled. It made all the difference in the world." ;-)